Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Eating Like a Rabbit and Saying Goodbye to My Beloved Coast

We are almost finished painting my parents deck (our big project I referenced in the previous post) and got to enjoy a relaxing long weekend with friends, complete with some early morning water sports. Friday marked the conclusion of our 12 day detox diet as well, just in time for the Seahawks preseason game against the Raiders! For my mom and I, the diet wasn’t bad at all but by the end I think Trevor and my Dad were craving some meat!


So my camera sucks...but check out the awesome seats!! Unfortunately Trevor's mom couldn't make it so Matt, Kel, Trevor and I played musical seats...and we won the game. Good night overall!!


Sunday morning we started early and had the lake almost to ourselves!!


First Trev did a little skiing...



Then Matt tested out the new contraption we had found...it was almost like a huge surfboard??


Note the feet in the air...


But he got the hang of it after a bit!!


Kel in Action


Sometimes it didn't even look like the thing was on the water!


I went after Kel and before Trev but don't have any pictures...see that speed Trevor has going??


That was Matt trying to get me some revenge...but Trevor was tenacious!


Phase two of our travels is coming up and in 5 days we pack up the car and the cats and head for St. Joseph, Missouri. Our journey will take us thru Eastern Washington, Montana, Yellowstone/Wyoming, a touch of Utah, Colorado and Kansas before we get to Missouri! Trevor’s older brother Travis lives in St. Jo (as they call it) along with a number of his extended family. With all of our stuff either stored or already packed, we had decided before we left The Philippines that we weren’t quite ready to settle back in Seattle yet. All of you that know me well know I am more of a coastal city girl but it is always good to try something new, right???

Here are some pictures of my favorite meals from our week of detox dieting:


South East Asian Crispy Quinoa Cakes with Spicy Chile Lime Dipping Sauce served with Charred Ginger Corn and Chilled Sesame Bok Choy


Chilled Beet Soup


Vegetable and Quinoa Pasta Soup


Grilled Vegis to go with Almond Pesto Quinoa Spaghetti


Spicy Black Bean Burgers with Lime Slaw and Roasted Poblano and Corn Salsa

For more information and recipes for the items you see above, check out my new blog http://healthygreengirlkitchen.blogspot.com. “Green Girl Goodies: A Guide to Healthy Happy Eats” launches today and will share recipes, cooking techniques, nutrition facts and fitness tips for all! I am getting a new camera soon as well so sorry for the not so great close ups, they will improve soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment